What is the aim of marketing and sales?
Marketing is about generating ‘leads’ – those people who might potentially be interested in buying your product or service. Sales encompasses all activities involved in. Sales is about converting that ‘interest’ or lead into a solid prospect. Selling is the process of helping someone to discover something of value and ultimately leading a consumer or business purchasing your product/service from you.
If you don’t tell people who you are and what you do – how are they going to find you? Your marketing and sales activities take your customers through their buying cycle to eventual purchase, a process called AIDA – The Sales Funnel.
In this module we look at
- How to create a product or service that can solve your customers’ problems
- The Sales Funnel and process
- How to attract prospects that are looking to solve this same problem
- Communicating how your product or service solves the problem
- Creating trust from customers and an open mindset to purchase
- After the transaction, retain the customer for future purchases
- Creating an effective Marketing Strategy and use of the Marketing Mix, the different marketing tools you can use to help with your communication.