What difference are you trying to make in the world and how do you know if you are being successful? Have you got an effective business model that takes account of what you are trying to achieve?
Many entrepreneurs, especially those involved with enterprises with a social or environmental benefit, are trying to create a sustainable business that generates an income, but also to make a positive contribution to the world. Do you know whether your business model will achieve this ‘social impact’?
By the end of this module, you will:
- Be able to explain the essential elements of your business model
- Be able to understand why making and measuring ‘social impact’ is essential to social enterprises
- Be able to articulate what types of social impact you are hoping that your venture will make
- Be able to understand and use a range of tools and techniques for measuring impact
- Be able to identify practical steps that will help with measuring social impact within their own ventures